Last updated - 30/01/19
Data Protection Officer - Ryan Barker
At Zylo we respect your privacy and are committed to safely storing and protecting your personal data. This policy explains when and why we collect personal data from our website as well as through emails and from our customers, how we store it, how we ensure it is secure and how long we keep it.
Data Collected for the Purposes of Delivering Our Services
We hold customer’s, children’s, Zylo staffs’ and school staffs’ personal data to help us deliver and manage our services, maintain registers, track progress, provide feedback, provide special support, maintain financial records and provide a safe, organised environment at our clubs.
a) The personal information customers supply will be stored securely by Zylo Performance Ltd for the purposes of delivering our service.
b) Zylo collect only the information we need to safely & effectively manage and deliver our services. This includes:
- Parent forename, surname, numbers and email address.
- Children’s forename, surname, school, school year, date of birth, disability cardholder status, collection permissions, gender identity and special requirements / important additional information where necessary.
- School staff forename, surname, position and email address.
- Zylo staff forename, surname, DOB, address, numbers, email, training documents, admin documents, disability status and medical information where necessary.
c) Certain details customers provide may be shared with schools and Zylo staff on a need-to-know basis for the purpose of safely and effectively delivering our services:
Data we share with schools
- Children’s names, year groups and collection/walking permissions.
- Zylo staff names, numbers, training documents and admin documents.
Data we share with our staff
- Children’s names, year groups, collection/walking permissions, media permissions, health & safety info, details of special needs and birth dates.
- Parent’s names, numbers and email addresses.
- School staff names and positions.
d) Zylo will retain customer information for 36 months following the end of their service period (the date their final invoice was settled) to maintain a record of service and attendance. Should the customer purchase another Zylo service, this countdown will reset.
e) Anyone has the right to request that their personal information be deleted at any time following the end of the service period.
f) Zylo will send customers emails and text messages that form part of their selected service but will not include any marketing. The Zylo newsletter and marketing emails must be opted into separately.
We only collect data from you for which you have provided consent and do not use implicit data or data obtained from third parties. We will never sell or rent your information to third parties and will never share it with third parties for marketing purposes. We will never share your information with third parties except in cases where it is mandated by law.
If you would like to see the data that we hold for you you can email firstname.lastname@example.org or call us on 07796 305205.
We Will Use Your Data to...
- Process bookings and generate invoices.
- Communicate with you about clubs, events, performances and general support.
- Ensure that we have vital contact and relevant medical information with us when teaching.
- Request your feedback about our services.
- Notify you of important changes to our services.
- Send you information that you have requested or that may be of interest to you.
Your Right to Erasure or 'Right to be Forgotten'
You have the right to request that we delete all of your data at any time. In the event that we receive a request for erasure we will respond within one month.
In cases where you are no longer a customer of Zylo Performance and your service period has ended we will securely erase all of your data.
As your data is required for us to deliver our services and maintain a safe environment at our settings, requests for erasure whilst you are an active customer will be granted but may mean that we are unable to continue offering you the service. If a request for erasure is made at a time that might affect a service you are receiving from Zylo, we will inform you of these effects so you can confirm your decision before we erase your data.
We will only take and store photographs and/or videos of children where we have obtained media consent. These may appear across our marketing, on our website & social media accounts and in public showcases/presentations & promotional events. Children featured will never be named publicly. Parents and individuals can ask Zylo Performance Ltd to stop using media containing themselves or their child/children at any time, at which point the media will not be used in future publications but may continue to appear in publications already in circulation. All recorded media is stored securely on password protected drives & devices and using secure online storage solutions such as password protected Dropbox folders.
How We Store Your Information
- All physical documents featuring personal information in our office are stored securely in a locked cabinet when staff are not present and are shredded when no longer needed.
- All electronic devices have passwords or passcodes and are locked or logged out of when not in use.
- All Zylo email accounts are secure.
- We are careful when opening attachments and visiting websites to minimise the risk of virus attacks.
- No persons aside from Zylo staff and school staff are given any devices or documents containing personal information unless it is their own.
- When emailing schools, staff and parents, only children’s first names and second initials are used to protect their privacy. Adult’s are referred to either by their first name or title and surname.
- Printed registers only include information necessary to maintain a safe and efficient service.
- Tutors are only provided with additional printed information when it is necessary to provide a safe, inclusive environment.
- We understand that it is an offence to release any information we hold about any individual without that person’s consent.
The Zylo Public Website and Zylo CMS Website
The Zylo public website and Zylo CMS website may at times feature links that take you to other third-party sites. This policy covers our sites only and Zylo can not be held responsible for the data protection practices of any third party.
The Zylo public site does not store any private data. Forms completed on the site are securely emailed to Zylo email accounts.
The Zylo CMS site is our main resource for storing and processing the personal information that we collect. It is hosted on secure servers, password protected and permissions are set and managed so that users are only able to access information that is required by their role. It confirms fully to the usages outlined in this policy.
If Your Personal Information Changes
If you believe that any of the information we hold about you is inaccurate or outdated then please contact us at email@example.com or on 07796 305205. We will process your amendment within 30 days.